| This feature is specific to AviSynthPlus.|
It is not supported in other AviSynth versions.
These conversion filters are to allow filters that use 16-bit video in a pseudo-8-bit colorspace to interact with AviSyth+ high bit depth formats. They are intended to serve as a stopgap until more plugins appear supporting true high bit depth.
- In Stack16, the picture is made of two parts: one containing the highest 8 bits (MSB) for each pixel, stacked on top of another containing the lowest 8 bits (LSB). it's used in Dither tools and many others.
- the Double-Width is similar to Stack16, but the MSBs and LSBs are horizontally interleaved which is like Native HBD, and it's faster than lsb. the know examples of it existing in flash3kyuu_deband\F3kdb\f3kdb_dither with input/output_Mode=2, LSMASHSource (not in the last updates) and some dither package functions like Dither_out(), TODO: verify.
Syntax and Parameters
Accepts a 16-bit clip and returns a stacked 8-bit clip.
ConvertToStacked(clip clip ] )
ConvertToDoubleWidth(clip clip ] )
- clip clip =
- Source clip. Must be native 16 bit: YUV420P16, YUV422P16, YUV444P16, Y16.
Accepts a stacked 8-bit clip and returns a HBD clip.
ConvertFromStacked(clip clip, int bits ] )
ConvertFromDoubleWidth(clip clip, int bits ] )
- clip clip =
- Source clip. Must be YV12, YV16, YV24 or Y8.
- int bits = 16
- Bit depth of returned clip. Must match the original bit depth. For example,
- Double-Width example,
|20170310 r2440||first added|