Welcome filter authors! To help you document your filter in this Wiki, here is a template to get you started.
- Right-Click the Edit tab at the top of this page and open in a new browser tab. Keep the instructions open in this tab for reference.
- In the new tab, you will see a page full of Wiki code (the source code for this very page); copy everything below "END INSTRUCTIONS" to the clipboard.
- In the new tab, edit the page URL:
- Replace ?title=ExampleFilter&action=edit with /YourFilterName
- Your filter name should be one word - no spaces - but this is not mandatory.
- First letter must be UPPERCASE due to Wikicode requirements.
- Don't forget to remove the "?" and replace it with "/"
- Hit Enter. If the title is already in use, you will be taken to that page.
- If the page already exists, hit your browser's Back button.
- Try a different title: Rename your filter, or add a suffix like "/CoolFilter (updated)"
- If your title is unique, you will be greeted with the "There is currently no text in this page" banner. Click on the "edit this page" link.
- Paste the source code you copied in Step 2.
- Areas that need your attention are marked with HTML comments <!-- like this -->. Fill in as much information as you can. Leave the rest.
- Click the Show Preview button to see how your page will look.
- Click the Save page button to create the new page.
- If you did something wrong, Click the Edit tab and fix it.
Please don't worry about formatting or incomplete information; just do the best you can.
A more experienced user will come along and clean up the page for you, and add a link to your page @External filters (don't do this yourself).
NOTE: Willful vandalism will result in the termination of your account.
ExampleFilter is an example filter. This page serves as boilerplate text for new filter pages.
- AviSynth 2.5.8 or 2.6.0 or greater
- Supported color formats: RGB24, RGB32, YUY2, YV12, *YV16, *YV24, *YV411, *Y8
- * Not available in AviSynth 2.5.8.
- ExampleFilter (clip C, type1 name1, type2 name2, type3 name3, type4 name4, type5 name5, type6 name6, type7 name7, type8 name8, type9 name9)
- C =
- Input clip.
- type1 name1 = defaultvalue1
- type2 name2 = defaultvalue2
- type3 name3 = defaultvalue3
- type4 name4 = defaultvalue4
- type5 name5 = defaultvalue5
- type6 name6 = defaultvalue6
- type7 name7 = defaultvalue7
- type8 name8 = defaultvalue8
- type9 name9 = defaultvalue9
- C =
This is some sample text. Note that on Wikicode, line breaks are removed.
...You need to leave a blank line to get a new paragraph.
Here's a paragraph with a blank line above it
- Four dashes make a horizontal rule.
- bullet lists only need a leading '*'
## This is some example code. AviSource("example.avi") ExampleFilter(blah=true)
## This is another example. AviSource("example.avi") ExampleFilter(blah=false)
Back to External Filters ←