|Author||tritical, cretindesalpes, Elegant|
|Discussion||Doom9 Thread, Update|
eedi3 (enhanced edge directed interpolation 3) works by finding the best non-decreasing (non-crossing) warping between two lines by minimizing a cost functional. The cost is based on neighborhood similarity (favor connecting regions that look similar), the vertical difference created by the interpolated values (favor small differences), the interpolation directions (favor short connections vs long), and the change in interpolation direction from pixel to pixel (favor small changes). eedi3 doesn't really have anything to do with eedi2 aside from doing edge-directed interpolation (they use different techniques).
- AviSynth 2.6.0 or greater
- x64 version requires AviSynth+ r1576 or greater
- Supported color formats: RGB24, YUY2, YV12
- eedi3 is threaded using OpenMP, and is compiled with Visual Studio 2013. Therefore, it needs the Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable Package to be installed (for vcomp.dll).
- *** vcredist_x86.exe is required for eedi3-x86
- *** vcredist_x64.exe is required for eedi3-x64
|RGB24, YUY2, YV12|
Upscale image by the power of 2.
|RGB24, YUY2, YV12|
Version Date Changes
v0.9.2.1 07/29/2015 - Changes by Elegant - Switched to AVS 2.6 API - Added x64 support - Updated some variable types for clarity
v0.9.2 11/11/2013 - Changes by cretindesalpes - SSE/SSE2 optimizations, giving a nice 4× speedup. - Added an optional mask to process only the specified parts. It’s helpful when EEDI3 is used as an anti-aliasing processor on cartoon-like materials. Additional 1.2×–2× speedup, depending on the source. - I fixed a typo in the original code too, but I don’t know if it has any visible effect. - Be sure to have Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 installed (needed for vcomp11.dll).
v0.9.1 07/23/2010 - fix field=0/1 flipped with RGB24 input - fix possible reading off the edge of a frame with cost3=true
- Doom9 Forum - eedi3 original discussion.
- Doom9 Forum - eedi3 v0.9.2 update.
- Doom9 Forum - eedi3 v0.9.2.1 for AviSynth 2.6.
- GitHub - eedi3 v0.9.2.1 repository.
Back to External Filters ←