RemoveDirt is a temporal cleaner for Avisynth 2.5x. It has now become a script function which involves
RestoreMotionBlocks and various filters from the RemoveGrain package.
RemoveDirt only supports YV12 but it's able to process YUY2 via the SSETools hack (Interleaved2Planar and Planar2Interleaved); this hack is ugly and typically not recommended.
- Recommended: RemoveDirt_0.9.zip | Mirror - includes statically and dynamically linked SSE2 binaries compiled with MSVC2010. Dynamically linked binary requires the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) to be installed.
- Deprecated: RemoveDirt.zip | Mirror - includes 3 binaries: one statically linked (RemoveDirtS.dll) and two dynamically linked (RemoveDirt.dll, RemoveDirtSSE2.dll). SSE2 version is recommended but unfortunately it requires the Msvcr71.dll runtime component from the very ancient Microsoft Visual C++ .NET 2003. For this reason this package is considered deprecated!
- Date: 2005/05/07
RemoveDirt v1.0 prerelease
- Download (source code included):
- RemoveDirt.rar | Mirror - includes 3 binaries: one statically linked (RemoveDirtS.dll) and two dynamically linked (RemoveDirt.dll, RemoveDirtSSE2.dll). SSE2 version is recommended but unfortunately it requires the Msvcr71.dll runtime component from the very ancient Microsoft Visual C++ .NET 2003. For this reason this package is also considered deprecated!
- Date: 2005/08/16
Changes: (see included documentation for more information)
- There is virtually no change as far as
- Added filters
SelectByIntervalswhich can serve as a substitute for the range files of the old RemoveDirt. They are also usable for other purposes and are described in the updated documentation.
- New filter
DupBlocks, it is derived from the same basic class as
RestoreMotionBlocksand it is therefore not surprising that - besides the clip variables - it has the same variables with the same meaning.
However, the values for mthreshold, noise, and noisy should be chosen lower than for
RestoreMotionBlocksin the RemoveDirt script. Because of the recursive nature of
DupBlocksthe show=true option works only in a limited way. It essentially ignores the chroma, i.e. grey=true.
DupBlocksis used as follows:
DupBlocks(clip input, int "gmthreshold", int "mthreshold", int "pthreshold", int "cthreshold", int "noise", int "noisy", int "dist", int "tolerance", int "dmode", bool "grey", bool "show", bool "debug", bool "planar")
RemoveDirt v1.0 prerelease x64
Note: This version is incompatible with AviSynth, it's only here for reference! For more information on incompatibility read post 5 through 14 here.
- Download: RemoveDirt_x64.rar (source code included)
- Date: 2010/11/06