This section contains information that goes beyond scripting basics. It presents the internals of AviSynth script processing, their influence on script performance as well as advanced techniques for using productively the features of the AviSynth script language. Before reading further it is recommended that you first become familiar with basic concepts of the AviSynth syntax.
- The AviSynth grammar revisited and explained in detail (for those inclined to programming).
- The steps behind the scenes from the script to the final video clip output. The filter graph. Scope and lifetime of variables. Evaluation of runtime scripts.
- How to effectively write and invoke user functions; common pitfalls to avoid; ways to organise your function collection and create libraries of functions, and many more.
- Techniques and coding idioms for creating blocks of AviSynth script statements.
- Using arrays and array operators for manipulating collections of data in a single step.
- How to unravel the power of runtime filters and create complex runtime scripts that can perform interesting (and memory/speed efficient) editing/processing operations and effects.