User talk:Raffriff42/Main Page sandbox
From Avisynth wiki
Raffriff42 16:26, 12 September 2015 (CEST)
In case you're wondering "what is up with this",
- I was just fooling around, and this happened.
- Yes, I would like to see the main page looking like this, if not something better.
- The layout was inspired by, but ended up nothing like, the WikiMedia homepage.
(making a page like that would require actual talent, and even if it was made, it would be hard to maintain)
- I tried not to change the content itself, only give it a 2-column layout.
- Nothing is terribly wrong with the main page as it is, but I like the 2 column idea, because
- Shorter lines are easier to read.
- The layout promotes browsing around instead of linear scrolling.
- 3 columns are too many.
- The images are basically placeholders.
- They were put there to occupy the extra white space.
- I think they add a little needed color.
- They are not great images, merely OK.
- I'm not possessive about this 'design.' Don't want authorship credit or anything. Share and enjoy.
- (EDIT) The 2 columns are unequal on purpose.
Raffriff42 00:11, 14 September 2015 (CEST)