| This feature is specific to AviSynthPlus.|
It is not supported in other AviSynth versions.
These conversion filters are to allow filters that use 16-bit video in a pseudo-8-bit colorspace to interact with AviSyth+ high bit depth formats. They are intended to serve as a stopgap until more plugins appear supporting true high bit depth.
- In Stack16, the picture is made of two parts: one containing the highest 8 bits (MSB) for each pixel, stacked on top of another containing the lowest 8 bits (LSB). it's used in Dither tools and many others.
- for Double-Width the know examples of it existing in flash3kyuu_deband\F3kdb\f3kdb_dither, LSMASHSource (not in the last updates) and some dither package functions like Dither_out(), it's similar to Stack16, but the MSBs and LSBs are horizontally interleaved which is like Native HBD, and it's faster than lsb. TODO: verify.
Syntax and Parameters
Accepts a 16-bit clip and returns a stacked 8-bit clip.
ConvertToStacked(clip clip ] )
ConvertToDoubleWidth(clip clip ] )
- clip clip =
- Source clip. Must be native 16 bit: YUV420P16, YUV422P16, YUV444P16, Y16.
Accepts a stacked 8-bit clip and returns a HBD clip.
ConvertFromStacked(clip clip, int bits ] )
ConvertFromDoubleWidth(clip clip, int bits ] )
- clip clip =
- Source clip. Must be YV12, YV16, YV24 or Y8.
- int bits = 16
- Bit depth of returned clip. Must match the original bit depth. For example,
- Double-Width example,
|20170310 r2440||first added|